Title: Software Engineer
Reports To: Software Team Leader
Primary Purpose of Position:
Specify, design, implement, test, support and document software for machine vision systems. Participate with in-house and on-site evaluations and demos.
- Design, implement, and test software modules to be used in machine vision systems.
- Generate documentation for software modules that will aid in maintenance and conveying understanding of software to engineers.
- Meet with customers to determine requirements and test software operation. This may require travel to customer locations on an on-going basis that may require working up to 10% off site.
- Assist in product testing for software releases.
- Full lifecycle application development.
- Graphical user interface design and implementation.
- Algorithm design and implementation.
- Use software version control system for maintaining history and reproducibility of various releases.
- Assist with feasibility studies or demonstrations as needed.
- Assist or conduct training classes for customers (in house or on site).
- Support Sales / Marketing / Operations as required.
- Perform other assignments as directed by management.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the company, its customers, community; and
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science.
- Microsoft Windows 7 / XP / XPe
- Programming languages: C/C++, STL, VC++, MFC, Win32 API, C#, COM, DCOM, DAO, XML, MS Access
- Knowledge of multithreaded or multi process applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional, self-directed and responsible.
- Machine Vision experience a plus.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States (Applied Vision does not sponsor employees for temporary work visas).
Applied Vision is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are and your creative ideas. Come be part of a stable, fast growing company offering an excellent work environment, great colleagues, room for advancement, and opportunity to travel.
We also offer 100% employer paid comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, & vision) as well as 401K, profit sharing, paid holidays, vacation, sick days, and an onsite workout facility.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
For Further inquiries or to apply to this position, please email your resume/CV and cover letter to Employment@AppliedVision.com